Looking to get more involved? Here are some easy ways:
Sign a Petition
The Iran Information Project website has many petitions to sign. Find the website here. My Persian-Speaking Friends has also created its own petition, which you can sign here. Expect more petitions to come!
Please help us spread the work about My Persian-Speaking Friends and our efforts to bridge cultural gaps through our pen pal program.
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Tumblr
- Watch our videos of subscribe to our channel on YouTube
Then tell your family and friends to do the same!
- Invite My Persian-Speaking Friends to speak at your next event. To learn more, contact [email protected].
- Feature My Persian-Speaking Friends in your newspaper, magazine, or on your blog. To schedule an interview with My Persian-Speaking Friends’ founder, Amy, e-mail [email protected].
We are always searching for new ways to raise awareness about our program, so suggestions are welcome. We are available to help you in any possible way.
Read a book about Iran
Watch an Iranian movie. Some popular ones are “Children of Heaven,” “Taste of Cherry,” “The Color of Paradise,” and “No One Knows About Persian Cats,” among others.
Subscribe to a newsletter (like ours!)
Subscribe to a blog
Become a Participant
To become a participant in the pen pal program, you must:
- Be between 7 and 18 years old
- Live in the United States or Iran
- Be willing to write a letter every month or so
Participants do not need to speak Farsi. My Persian-Speaking Friends will pay for all costs, including postage and translation.
To sign up, please go here and fill out the form.
If you are bilingual in English and any other language, your help is needed. Go here to find out more.
Volunteer with My Persian-Speaking Friends
If you’d like to volunteer, please sign up here. A Board member will get back to you within 48 hours.
Donate to My Persian-Speaking Friends
Donate time, funds, or goods here.